What is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is an ambitious financial scheme of Indian Government to provide a bank account and insurance cover every household. It is at the core of Prime Minister philosophy of ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’. This scheme is an improvement over the UPA’s financial inclusion programme. Government aim to open minimum of 2 account in every family through this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Facts
2) This scheme is an improvement over the UPA’s financial inclusion programme.
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Features
Person who will open a bank account under the Jan Dhan Yojana will get the following facilities:
- A new bank account and Debit Card which will be issue under the RuPay Scheme.
- Will get upto Rs. 1 Lakh accidental insurance cover for his entire family.
- Account holder will get upto Rs. 5000 over draft facility after 6 month of opening account if he/ she linked Aadhar Card to the bank.
- There are no need to maintain minimum balance if account opened through Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Facility to get money through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).
- Safety of money with interest.
- Facility to transfer money across the nation.
Good news for bank account holders who want to get Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Benefits on old or existing bank accounts. People are very exited to open the new bank account through the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). There are many more people are coming in the banks to open the new account while some people want to open another account while they have bank accounts already. They were creating difficulties to the banks to open the new accounts who don’t have accounts still. There are many more crowd collecting in to the banks. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)was launched on September 28, 2014 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Steps to Get Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) Benefits on old Bank Account
Person who want to get all benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) on their existing bank account are required to follow the steps below:
- Go to the bank where you have already bank account
- Contact to officer to issue a RuPay card on existing bank account.
- The will provide a form for issue your requested card.
- Fill the form and submit to officer to issue RuPay Debit Card and say for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) benefits on the bank account
- As bank issue RuPay debit card on your existing bank account. You will get all benefits on your existing bank account.
pmjdy bank account, pmjdy benefits on bank account, pmjdy benefits of old bank account, pmjdy features on existing accounts.